Valve Repair kit for A7 & B7 Leafield Marine Valves, for Avon Inflatables
This is the repair kit for the inside of the air valve on most Avon Inflatables and Ribs. These valves were fitted to nearly all Avons but also used by other boat manufacturers
After a few years of faithful service, the rubber diaphragm on a RIB/Inflatable Boat Leafield Marine A7 or B7 inflation valve can fail as either the rubber material becomes brittle and fails to ‘seat’ properly within the inflation valve, or the spring or plastic diaphragm spindle can fail. Replacing the Leafield Marine A7 or B7 inflation valve diaphragm is a straightforward job.
To service your A7 or B7 valve, you will need:
- The A7/B7 service kit, which contains a new valve spindle, spring and rubber diaphragm (1 kit per valve)
- For A7 - a socket or large pair of grips + cloth to cover wrench jaws and clean components
- For B7 - a valve wrench spanner
- Some Cotton Thread
- Pair of long nosed pliers
- A small length of masking tape
Refer to diagram below of the valve assembly to familiarise yourself with the inflation valve and its components, before you start the job.
- Lock the valve spindle in the open position by pushing-in and twisting anti- clockwise the valve spindle to deflate the inflatable boat collar or tube.
- Keep the tube as flat as possible to avoid losing the valve part inside the tube from getting lost. It can be very difficult to retrieve if it falls inside the tube.
- Maintain a grip on the inner valve assembly through the inflatable collar or tube fabric to ensure that the inner assembly does not fall loose inside the tube. Unscrewing anti-clockwise remove the nut/outer valve assembly from the inner assembly (plus washer on the A7). For A7 - use a socket/spanner or a large pair of grips (use a cloth to cover the jaws of the grips to prevent damage to the plastic valve). For B7 - use a B7 spanner wrench. Tie some strong cotton thread or string around the screw thread of the inner valve assembly and secure the other end of the string whilst you dismantle the valve. Put a piece of masking tape over the depressed spindle to stop it falling into the tube later. Whilst continuing to grip the inner valve assembly through the inflatable tube fabric, push the inner part of the valve inside the tube and carefully rotate the inflation valve around so you now see the rear of the inner-valve assembly through the valve aperture in the inflatable collar or tube wall.
- You can now unscrew the black rubber cup diaphragm from the spindle by using a pair of long nosed pliers to grip the rubber diaphragm and unscrewing it anti-clockwise. Once the diaphragm has been unscrewed the inflation valve can be turned around again. Remove the masking tape and the old spindle and spring. Ensure all surfaces and valve components are clean and free from dirt or objects that could prevent the valve from sealing once re-assembled.
- Insert the new spindle and spring into the valve, push and turn to lock the spindle in the open position and put a second piece of masking tape over the valve opening to prevent the spindle from falling out. Once again carefully turn the inflatable boat valve around within the inflatable collar or tube so that you can see the rear of the valve assembly, screw the new black rubber diaphragm onto the spindle – finger tight only. Do not use any tools or you may break the spindle.
- Take care not to cross thread or damage the new cup diaphragm.
- Carefully turn the inner valve assembly back round once again and pull the thread of the inflation valve body back through the aperture in the tube wall. Remove the masking tape and screw back on the nut/outer-valve assembly.
- Inflate the tube and check the valve is airtight.
Customer Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Very quick service.
Repair kit for A7 & B7 Valves, for Avon Inflatables
Item was as expected, arrived promptly, well packaged. Company took the time to recognise and acknowledge a new customer which was appreciated, even for such a small purchase this shows how well the company treats their customers .
Please see below our shipping rates, while we endeavour to keep them correct, may from time to time, they may come up too expensive on smaller items, in this case, please contact us and we will try and find a more competitive rate for you.
FREE SHIPPING IS OFFERED ON ORDERS OVER £120.00 BUT IS SUBJECT TO SOME EXCEPTIONS, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN BAR AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN FOR MORE INFORMATION...
We also offer calculated shipping Worldwide using UPS. For more information, please follow the checkout process with your selected items.
Last Updated: 26/02/2019
Our returns policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
To read our full returns and exchanges policy, please click here.